Ways To Give
Ronald McDonald House of New York supports its mission and programs not only through cash contributions but by the generosity of “in-kind” donations from individuals, corporations, schools and community groups. In-kind donations take on many forms and range in scope from simple gifts of soap and toothpaste to toys, airline miles, household items, postage, contributions of printing, shipping and other necessary services or entertainment opportunities for our children and families. In-kind gifts allow us to focus our budget dollars on the most critical, day-to-day needs of the children and families undergoing pediatric cancer treatment – needs such as transportation to and from our cancer treatment centers and the extensive overhead of housing 84 families each night in spite of the current economic crisis and the rapidly rising cost of living. Please take some time to look over the House's Wish List to get an idea of what we are currently in need of. Also, below is a sampling of the many other ways you can give to the House and support its mission. For more information, please contact the individuals listed below at 212.639.0100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Donate Your Vehicle: Through our partner, Vehicles For Charity, we are accepting most vehicles and vessels including but not limited to cars, trucks, trailers, boats, and RVs regardless of whether or not the vehicle is running (exceptions include vehicles whose value would not offset the cost of towing). Your donation is tax deductible to the full extent of the law. Please check with your tax professional to determine what, if any, tax benefit you may receive from the donation. Please call 1-866-628-2277 or click here for more information. Or you may contact Elvis Herbine at Ronald McDonald House, email@example.com, 212-639-0114.
- Bulk Donations: If you, your community group or company would like to share bulk donations of new goods, seasonal surplus merchandise or other large-scale contributions, please contact Wini Cudjoe, Director of House Operations.
- Donate Your Airline Miles: As many of you know, most of the major airlines have now made it possible to donate your frequent flyer miles to recognized 501 ( c ) 3 organizations such as Ronald McDonald House of New York. When you donate your miles to us, you help support and maintain the programs of the House. To donate your miles to Ronald McDonald House of New York, please contact your airline’s frequent flyer Program Manager. For other questions regarding your donation of miles to the House, please contact Joseph Guidetti, Chief Financial Officer.
- Third-Party Fundraising: As your company plans its philanthropic activities, please consider organizing a “Third-Party Fundraiser” to benefit Ronald McDonald House of New York. Your company’s employees can help make a difference in the lives of children battling pediatric cancer by organizing events such as golf outings, dances and block parties throughout the year. These caring, humanitarian efforts promote teamwork and camaraderie amongst co-workers, vendors and the community all while raising major funds for an important cause. If you are interested in arranging a Third-Party Fundraiser to benefit Ronald McDonald House of New York, please contact Karen Kirk, Director of Special Events.
- Giving the United Way: Do you participate in the United Way, Combined Federal Campaign, CUNY Campaign for Voluntary Charitable Giving, Municipal Combined Campaign or NYS Employees Federal Appeal at work? Please consider “donor designating” a gift to Ronald McDonald House of New York. This is a great way to make a gift that won’t dramatically impact cash flow but would be a generous way to help us continue the work we do. The following codes can be used: Tri-State United Way #003447; NYC Combined Federal Campaign #11277; CUNY Campaign for Voluntary Charitable Giving or Combined Municipal Campaign #0610. You will also find our Agency Code in the campaign material provided to you. Ronald McDonald House of New York is a registered 501 ( c ) 3 organization. For more information on Giving the United Way, please contact Nikki Margarites, Director of Major Gifts.
- House Seats: Give our families a break from the rigors of cancer treatment by offering them a night out. Donate you unused tickets to sporting events, theater, museums or other special events to the House for use by our children and families. For more information on how to donate tickets to the House Seats Program, please contact Fordham Murdy, Evening Program Manager.
Estate Planning (Vivian Harris Society)
Learn more about the Vivian Harris Society and how you can make a planned gift.