The Bereavement Program at RMH-NY provides support and guidance to bereaved caregivers and family members before, during, and after the death of a child. While grief is a normal response to loss, it can feel isolating and overpowering at times. The program, provides the following services:
- Information about grief
- Emotional support for caregivers & family members
- Referral information
- Comfort Shawl program
The Comfort Shawl program provides families with shawls after their child’s passing so our families know RMH-NY is still wrapping ourselves around them when they are not here. Comfort Shawls represent a sense of warmth, love, & security- a message we want to share with our families during a difficult time. When making shawls for our House, please keep in mind the following guidelines:
- Comfort Shawls should be crafted from new , clean fabrics only.
- Please knit shawls in a smoke-free, pet-free area.
- We welcome shawls of all patterns & colors.
- Out of respect for the wide range of religious and spiritual beliefs held by our families, we ask that the designs not be religious in nature.
- Size recommendation: 24 inches x 60 inches, exact sizing is not important.
Join us for our July Knit-A-Thon
Comfort shawls may be dropped off at the Ronald McDonald House New York during regular business hours, 8am-8pm. For more information, please contact Kaite Wilczewski at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 639-0119: